Reporting to the SVP, Human Resources this position is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day HR operations are in place to support the goals and objectives of this organization. This includes understanding HR systems and how they support HR functions as well as processes for the organization, reviewing processes and policies and recommending changes as needed. This position will also provide oversight to the Administrators and HR Directors in the Louisiana roles. This role works closely with other members of the Human Resource and Executive team and provides operational support based on project and management goals.Essential Functions:
- Define HR processes, data and initiatives that support the day-to-day operations of the HR function.
- Identifies the data and reporting needed to deliver appropriate information regarding turnover, recruitment, retention and other HR metrics to Oceans’ management team, HR team members and hospital administrators.
- Oversees the progressive discipline process ensuring that employee relation issues are following the prescribed processes outlined in Oceans’ policy. Coach human resources staff and leadership on investigative processes, documentation and how to communicate with employees as part of this oversight.
- Identify areas of concerns within hospitals related to turnover, engagement, retention and other related initiatives and determine appropriate processes to identify concerns. Work with hospital leadership to build action plans to address concerns.
- Develops training, operational guidelines and other tools documenting Oceans HR processes and functions that can be used to train new human resources staff or provide refresher training for specific HR staff.
- Provides training for new hospital HR Directors and hospital management staff on human resources processes and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing, updating, revising, and creating human resource policies as need to support the organization’s HR operational needs.
- Identify an audit process for human resources that will incorporate compliance with Oceans policies and procedures, Joint Commission, federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of job descriptions and competencies that includes processes on how to access and archive descriptions/competencies. Develop a schedule the ensures job descriptions and competencies are reviewed on a routine basis.
- Reviews worker’s compensation reporting and activity to ensure that claims are being managed appropriately to reduce risk, lost productivity and costs. Works with Risk Management to ensure that processes are being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Experience in healthcare or related industry preferred to include Human Resources leadership roles.
- Proven work experience in HR operations including but not limited to policy and process development, managing employee relations issues and understanding regulatory/compliance impact on HR processes.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws including, FLSA, FMLA, state labor laws, etc.
- Team-oriented with ability to partner with and build upon the strengths of others to meet overall goals
- Ability to coach and train staff on processes, initiatives, goals, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products, specifically with Excel and Word.
- Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation program.