Why You'll Love This Job
Under the direction of a licensed pharmacist, selects and prepares medications, pharmaceutical products, and intravenous admixtures. Assists in the dispensing and distribution of medications. Maintains pharmacy merchandise and equipment. Reviews medication cassettes for returned medication; unit doses medication; transports pharmacy merchandise. Performs other duties as required.
- Prepare medications and supplies for dispensing including: pre-packing bulk medications compounding ointments, creams, oral solutions, and other medications compounding total parenteral nutrition solutions compounding large-volume intravenous mixtures compounding small-volume IVPB mixtures preparing prescriptions for outpatients checking and unit dosing medication. Performed on a regular basis.
- Control and audit narcotics / stock substance, on a regular basis.
- Prepare inventories, order drugs and supplies from the storeroom, receive drugs and stock shelves in various pharmacy locations on a regular basis.
- Perform monthly inspections, maintain workload records, and collect quality-assurance data.
- Transport medications, drug-delivery devices, and other pharmacy equipment from the pharmacy to hospitals on a daily basis.
- Assist in training new employees on an as needed basis.
- Prepares sterile preparations with adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist other pharmacy staff members as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year
- Current state pharmacy technician certification required
- Valid Driver’s license with safe driving record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical and computer literacy skills