Under the supervision of the Director of Intensive Outpatient Program, the Outpatient Coordinator functions as a support person in the coordination and organization of administrative processes in a high quality efficient and cost-effective manner. Demonstrates age specific and cultural sensitivity towards internal and external customers. This position is distinguished from other administrative support classes in that the position provides highly sensitive support to the Outpatient's Director of Intensive Outpatient Program. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans' Mission, policies and procedures and PI Standards.
- Performs a wide variety of executive coordinator and administrative duties as required for daily operation of the outpatient facility.
- Facilitates communications between the Outpatient's Program Director and key management personnel of the organization.
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the Outpatient's Program Director.
- Provides follow-up to assignments given to staff by the Outpatient's Program Director or facility Administrator.
- Performs specialized and complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment.
- Completes assignments accurately, in a timely manner and within procedural guidelines.
- Organizes own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the organizations departmental procedures.
- Contributes to Performance Improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma preferred; college education desirable, with training in a medical field. Additional experience in quality management activities may be substituted for clinical experience and/or educational requirements. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the clerical field required with minimum of 4 years as Administrative Assistant in multi-staffed psychiatric facility. Minimum of 5years direct experience with quality management functions. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
Must be able to read and to write. Computer literacy, strong verbal and written skills. Must be well organized, flexible and responsible. Must be able to communicate knowledge in an educational arena. Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to type at least 50 correct words per minute. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word. Heavy, high paced work load requires high energy and excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills. Must be able to work tactfully and cooperatively with a variety of internal and external customers. Ability to work with minimal supervision, think globally, and simultaneously manage multiple details.
Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. This position can be high paced and stressful; must be able to cope mentally and physically to atmosphere. Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building that offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.