Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant functions as a support person in the coordination and organization of human resources processes in a high quality efficient and cost-effective manner. Demonstrates age specific and cultural sensitivity towards internal and external customers. This position is distinguished from other administrative support classes in that the position provides highly sensitive support to the Human Resources Director. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans’ Mission, policies and procedures and Performance Improvement Standards.Essential Functions
- Facilitates communications between Regional Human Resources Director and key management personnel of the organization.
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the Regional Human Resources Director.
- Schedules, coordinates, and implements employee orientation, Oceans Healthcare approved behavioral health de-escalation programs, CPR, annual orientation for basic competency skills, and other employee training, and coordinates speakers for such in accordance with facility standards.
- Performs specialized and complex office administrative work requiring use of independent judgement.
- Completed assignments accurately, in a timely manner, and within procedural guideline.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for new hires, terminations, and personnel changes.
- Performs reference and background checks.
- Contributes to Performance Improvement.
- Participates in brainstorming.
- Takes direction well, accepts constructive criticism, and responds accordingly.
- Ensures that all employees are up to date on all requirements (i.e. Licensures, de-escalation programs, CPR, orientation, TB tests, etc.)
- Maintains knowledge of changes in policies and procedures.
- Distributes payroll checks to employees on time.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
High school diploma preferred; college education desirable, with training in a medical field. Additional experience in quality management activities may be substituted for clinical and/or educational requirements. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the clerical field required with minimum of 4 years as Administrative Assistant in multi-staffed psychiatric facility. Minimum of 5 years direct experience with quality management functions. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.Qualifications/Skills
Able to read and write. Computer literacy, strong verbal and written skills. Well organized, flexible, and responsible. Able to communicate knowledge in an educational arena. Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Able to type at least 50 correct words per minute. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Heavy, high paced workload requires high energy and excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills. Able to work tactfully and cooperatively with a variety of internal and external customers. Ability to work with minimal supervision, think globally, and simultaneously manage multiple details.
Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation programWork Environment
Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. This position can be high paces and stressful; must be able to cope mentally and physically to atmosphere. Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building that offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.