Provides leadership for the corporation regarding Oceans’ Total Rewards strategy and philosophy. This position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing & administering Oceans’ total rewards programs which includes compensation, benefits and employee recognition. This position also oversees the HRIS and employee communication activities. The Director Total Rewards is responsible for programs meeting employee’s needs, complying with legal requirements and being cost effective as well as ensuring Oceans’ compensation and benefits programs enhance the organization's ability to retain and recruit talent.Essential Functions:
- Provides overall strategy and execution of compensation programs, including pay structures and pay practices. Assesses the impact of current programs and proposes new compensation to support achievement of strategic business initiatives which may include recommendations on pay range movements, merit guidelines, performance management process and other related items.
- Oversees the evaluation of benefit programs to ensure they are cost effective and are competitive. Makes recommendations as appropriate regarding plan design changes, employee contributions, new plan offerings and other related programs.
- Manages the day-to-day benefits administration to include enrollment processes, billing/invoices and regulatory process such as the 401k audit and ACA compliance are being carried out timely and accurately.
- Ensures bonus plans are administered per plan provisions. Communicates programs to eligible participants and oversees any administrative activities associated with the bonus plans.
- Ensures compliance of the compensation and benefit programs, including the 401(k) plan, with the legal and regulatory environment as well as company philosophy and guidelines.
- Oversees the development of reports necessary to deliver appropriate information regarding total rewards programs to Oceans management team, HR team members and hospital administrators. Ensures the scorecard metrics are reported timely and effectively.
- Oversees activities related to employee recognition programs including employee recognition programs, hospital recognition and other incentive programs, etc.
- Ensures the Total Rewards team are performing daily administrative duties related to compensation, benefits, employee recognition and HRIS. Assures team members know what to do, how and when to do it and when to seek help. Manages the budget and other financial measures of the Support Center team.
- Works as team member of the Support Center Human Resources department. Supports and assists other team members in their roles.
- This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, or equivalent experience and education from an accredited College or University.
Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of human resource regulations and laws.Qualifications/Skills:
Experience in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel. Must be able to use Office software at a highly proficient level. Must be versatile, flexible and able to perform in stressful situations. Must have good time management and organizational skills. Must be able to work with an array of persons in a sensitive manner. Must have excellent assertive communication skills. Must be able to organize and prioritize high volume workload. Interacts well with general public in a stress-oriented position. Must be able to function with minimal supervision and complete understanding and respect of confidentiality. Interprets and works toward policy and procedure modification that are in accordance with State and Federal Laws, JCAHO, HCFA and other regulatory boards as required by state and federal laws as well as the mission statement.