The Dietary Manager facilitates communication of patient’s dietary requirements with the contractual food vendor, nursing staff and Registered Dietician. Assist with ordering snacks, food supplements, fruits and special dietary needs. Ensures patient satisfaction. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations. Oceans’ Mission, policies and procedures and PI Standards.
- Assures delivery of good patient nutritional care and maintains patient satisfaction with food service.
- Follows up with diet orders, and performs visual inspection of food.
- Communicates dietary needs and consults with Registered Dietician.
- Participates in patient treatment planning and makes recommendations for dietary needs. Communicates diet needs to treatment team members.
- Keeps current on all meal censuses, diet orders / change orders
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of food for health care meals and the dietary vendor.
- Coordinates appropriate menus served, preparation and delivery of food for health care meals and the dietary vendor.
- Participates in the Infection Control Committee, Utilization Review Committee, Safety Committee and or other committees assigned.
- Oversees refrigerator storage temperature, and monitors expiration dates on all food items
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
At least 2 years’ experience in a dietary department is desirable. May hold higher Registered Dietician licensing and degree.Qualifications/Skills
Must be able to read and write. Good communication skill needed. Courtesy, adaptability, strong writing skills and medical terminology preferred. Must have current food handler certificate. CPR certified. An Oceans Healthcare approved behavioral health de-escalation program.Work Environment
Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. This position can be high paced and stressful; must be able to cope mentally and physically to atmosphere. Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building that offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.