Why You'll Love This Job
The Director of Health Information Management (HIM) promotes standards and healthcare practices that are in compliance with the rules and regulations as they are set by the states in which the company operates. The Director of Health Information Management is accountable for overall coordination and management of a corporate-wide HIM Program This position is also responsible for oversight of the organization’s comprehensive Medical Staff Office Program ensuring ongoing compliance with all rules and regulations related to the Medical Staff.
- Oversees the organization-wide HIM program ensuring that appropriate policies, processes, and safeguards are in place and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Supervises and supports the Manager of Health Information Management and Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator.
- Provides management of the coding process for reporting of final diagnosis codes using ICD-10 codes.
- Oversees activities relative to documentation, retrieval, storage, and destruction of all organizational records, both on and off-site.
- Provides education to the organization related to the use of software systems related to medical records and credentialing.
- Oversees Medical Staff Office personnel and if needed assists in Medical Staff credentialing and privileging for facilities.
- Communicates findings to the EVP of Process Improvement and Outcomes and Operational leadership according to a predetermined method.
- Is responsible for the organization’s HIM and Medical Staff policies and processes. Reviews and provides appropriate forms and policies as needed.
- Completes other assigned duties under the direction of the EVP of Process Improvement and Outcomes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of 5 years experience in healthcare field required.
- RHIA certification required.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills to navigate MS office products and electronic compliance software solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS and State Department of Health and Hospitals regulations.
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems pertaining the organization’s service lines, health documentation, coding and billing.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates personal traits of a high level of integrity, team orientation, professionalism, and trustworthiness. Places a high value on ethical standards and treating others with dignity and respect.