Why You'll Love This Job
You have the power to impact an entire community, one grateful patient at a time, when you join Oceans Healthcare, a national leader in behavioral healthcare services, in our Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) position!
Make a real difference that resonates across the mental health industry as you help a vulnerable, underserved group of adults and seniors achieve and maintain healthy, active lifestyles. Here, you can be confident that your leaders have your back, giving you the freedom to focus on what really matters — the well-being of your patients. In this Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) role, you will know the satisfaction that comes from being part of a friendly, supportive team always eager to acknowledge your accomplishments.
This is a great opportunity to create an inspirational career path! Apply for Oceans' Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) job opening today.
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Responsibilities
- Provide direct therapeutic recreation therapy services following state, federal and hospital guidelines and regulations
- Plan and conduct individual and group therapy as assigned by a physician's order
- Complete all necessary paperwork/documents in a timely manner; document medical records
- Conduct, assess and interpret completion of Comprehensive Integrated Assessments
- Review all multidisciplinary assessments; compile Multidisciplinary Treatment Integration with physician supervision
- Identify safety, psychosocial, special mobility and special equipment needs; conduct treatments and discharge planning
- Develop, plan and provide in-services for community/staff
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree; CTRS license (must maintain yearly certification)
- Successfully complete CPR certification and Oceans-approved behavioral de-escalation program
- Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify patient needs and provide the appropriate care
- In-depth knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency, and the family dynamics which accompany them
- Basic knowledge of chronic mental illness; in-depth knowledge of clinical therapy modalities
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills; group/process skills as related to age-specific patient needs